Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Met Tapas Bar & Andrew Ross Hairdressers

The Met Tapas Bar
It was my birthday recently (if only the years went back instead of forward!) and as I am keen fan of Tapas cuisine I thought it would be nice to have a birthday dinner at The Met Bar in Ventnor on the Isle of Wight.

Overall, the staff were lovely and friendly and the prices reasonable, there were six of us and it worked out about £20 per head inclusive of drink, tapas and puddings. Usually when I am on the mainland I am a big fan of La Tasca, especially the Sangria that either comes as a glass or jug, but for now The Met Bar just about fulfils my tapas cravings! 


What we ate (only some!):
Garlic Flat Bread with cheese, Cous Cous, Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with Bruschetta, Potato Bravas, Lobster, Chocolate Fudge Cake

Andrew Scott Hairdressers
Finally, I was shopping in Newport on the same day and decided to pop into my regular hairdressers, Andrew Scott. I have been going there on and off for a good few years now and usually have a half head colour by Becky for £36. This time I just got my hair braided into a french plait (I am useless at doing it myself!) for £5 and some little sparkly hair accessories were woven into it (see second picture). So despite the additional year I have gained, I felt quite like a glamourous birthday girl!

Tapas Chilli at the Met Bar
http://www.metwinebar.co.uk/
01983 855441
Birthday hairdo by Andrew Ross Hairdressers
28 Holyrood Street, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 5AZ
01983 522685

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About The Blogger – Getting To Know You

All About The Blogger – Getting To Know You Please provide a short introduction to your blog including your name, your blog’s name and ni...